Linear switches with thocky sound are the best.
We’ll compare top thocky linear switches on the basis of their thocky sound, feel, and price so that you can find the perfect switch for your needs.
In the world of mechanical keyboards, thocky switches are a type of linear switch that is known for its deep, satisfying sound. The sound is created by the combination of the switch’s housing and its stem.
The housing is typically made of a thick, dense material, such as polycarbonate or brass, which helps to produce a deep, resonant sound. The stem is also important, as it can help to create a “thock” sound when it bottomed out.
There are a number of different thocky linear switches available on the market, but some of the most popular include the following:
- C3 Tangerines
- Durock Linears
- Gateron Ink Blacks
- JWK Linears
- Zealios V2
Here are some additional tips for getting the most out of your thocky linear switches:
- Lube your switches: Lubing your switches will help to smooth out the feel and reduce the noise.
- Use a thick, dense case: A thick, dense case will help to produce a deeper sound.
- Use a deskmat: A deskmat will help to dampen the sound of your keyboard.
With a little care and attention, you can enjoy the thocky sound of your mechanical keyboard for years to come.
So whether you are a gamer, a programmer, or just someone who loves the sound of a mechanical keyboard, read on to find the best thocky linear switches for you!
List Of the Best thocky linear switches
- Gateron Patch Linear Switches
- DROP Halo Clear Mechanical Keyboard Switches
- EPOMAKER Ajazz Diced Fruit Banana Switch
- Granvela Cherry MX Black Keyswitch
- EPOMAKER AKKO CS Jelly White Linear Switch
- DROP + Invyr Holy Panda Mechanical Keyboard Switches
- Kingjinglo 2Pieces EQUALZ Switches Tangerine V2 Linear Switches
Advantages and Disadvantages
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of thocky linear switches:
- Deep, satisfying sound: Thocky linear switches are known for their deep, satisfying sound. This is due to the combination of the switch’s housing and its stem. The housing is typically made of a thick, dense material, such as polycarbonate or brass, which helps to produce a deep, resonant sound. The stem is also important, as it can help to create a “thock” sound when it bottomed out.
- Smooth and buttery feel: Thocky linear switches are typically very smooth and buttery to type on. This is because they are often lubed with a thick, smooth lubricant, such as Krytox 205g0.
- Variety of options: There are a variety of thocky linear switches available on the market, so you can find one that fits your budget and your preferences.
- Can be noisy: Thocky linear switches can be noisy, especially if you bottom them out. This can be a problem if you are working in a shared space or if you are trying to be quiet.
- Can be expensive: Thocky linear switches can be more expensive than other types of switches. This is because they are often made with high-quality materials and are hand-built.
- Require maintenance: Thocky linear switches require more maintenance than other types of switches. This is because they are lubed with a thick, smooth lubricant, which can attract dust and dirt.
Overall, thocky linear switches are a great option for people who are looking for a deep, satisfying sound and a smooth, buttery feel. However, they can be noisy and expensive, and they require more maintenance than other types of switches.
How To Buy the best thocky linear switches
When looking for the best switches for thocky sound for your mechanical keyboard, there are several factors that you should take into account to make the best choice. Here are some key considerations:
- Sound Quality: One of the main appeals of thocky linear switches is the distinct sound they make when actuated. The ‘thock’ should be deep and satisfying, enhancing your typing or gaming experience.
- Tactility: While linear switches are characterized by their smooth keystroke without a tactile bump, some people prefer a bit of tactility in their linear switches. This can provide a slightly more responsive feel.
- Actuation Force: This refers to the amount of force needed to press the key. This can greatly affect typing comfort and speed. You need to decide whether you prefer a lighter or heavier actuation force based on your typing style.
- Durability: Consider the lifespan of the switches. Good switches should have a high durability rating, often in the tens of millions of keystrokes.
- Installation: How easy are the switches to install? Some switches might be plate-mounted or PCB-mounted, which might require different levels of skill and tools.
- Price: Depending on your budget, you might want to consider the cost of the switches. Some specialty or hybrid switches can be more expensive than others.
- Aesthetics: While this doesn’t affect performance, the look of the switches can add to the overall aesthetic of your keyboard, especially if you have a transparent or open design.
- Compatibility: Not all switches are compatible with all keyboards. Be sure to check if the switches you are considering are compatible with your keyboard model.
- Brand Reputation: Finally, consider the reputation of the brand and reviews of the switches. Companies with a solid reputation in the mechanical keyboard community are often a good bet.
- Availability: Some popular switch models may be hard to find due to high demand. You might need to consider availability when choosing the best switches for you.
By considering these factors, you’ll be well-equipped to find the best thocky linear switches that perfectly suit your needs. Remember, the ultimate goal is to enhance your typing or gaming experience. Happy building!
1. Gateron Patch Linear Switches
Gateron Patch Linear Switch are overall best thocky linear switches. Unleash a smooth and satisfying typing experience with the Gateron Patch Yellow Shaft KS-9, designed to deliver the thocky sound enthusiasts crave.
These linear switches provide seamless actuation, making them perfect for both gaming and typing tasks. Compatible with popular keyboards such as the GK61, GK64, and GH60, the Yellow Shaft KS-9 is a top contender for those seeking the best thocky linear switches in the market.
- Thocky Sound: Engineered to deliver the resonant ‘thock’ sound, offering a satisfying typing experience.
- Smooth Actuation: As linear switches, these provide an undisturbed key press motion which can be ideal for fast-paced gaming.
- Compatibility: These switches are specifically designed to be suitable for the GK61, GK64, and GH60 keyboards, making installation easy.
- Durable: Gateron is known for their high-quality, long-lasting switches, ensuring longevity and consistent performance.
- Variety: Available in different colors – off black, red, brown, blue, green, yellow – to suit your aesthetic preferences.
- Lack of Tactile Feedback: As with all linear switches, there’s no tactile bump to indicate actuation, which could lead to more typing errors or accidental key presses.
- Noise Level: Despite the satisfying thocky sound, they might be too loud for some users, especially in shared or quiet spaces.
- Limited Compatibility: Although they’re compatible with GK61, GK64, and GH60 keyboards, they may not fit other keyboard models.
- Not Ideal for All Typists: Those who prefer tactile or clicky feedback might not find these switches to their liking.
For a seamless, thocky typing experience that brings a touch of sophistication to your gaming or typing tasks, look no further than the Gateron Patch Yellow Shaft KS-9 switches. They truly are some of the best thocky linear switches in the market.
2. DROP Halo Clear Mechanical Keyboard Switches
The DROP Halo Clear Mechanical Keyboard Switches are a great option for people who are looking for a thocky sound. They are made with a thick, dense housing that helps to produce a deep, resonant sound. The stem is also important, as it can help to create a “thock” sound when it bottomed out.
- Thocky Sound: The switches are crafted to generate the deeply resonant ‘thock’ sound that many keyboard enthusiasts enjoy.
- Smooth and Consistent: The blend of Topre 55g and Cherry MX Clear attributes results in an incredibly smooth keypress with consistent performance.
- Tactile Feedback: Despite their smooth actuation, these switches offer noticeable tactile feedback, which can help reduce typing errors.
- Versatile: With a medium actuation force of 65g, these switches cater to a range of typing preferences.
- Quiet Switches: They offer a quieter typing experience compared to many other switches, ideal for shared or quiet spaces.
- Not Linear: These switches are not linear, so they may not be the best fit for users who prefer a completely smooth keystroke without tactile feedback.
- Compatibility: These switches may not fit all keyboard models, so it’s crucial to check compatibility before purchasing.
- Actuation Force: The 65g actuation force might be too heavy for users who prefer a lighter keystroke.
- Noise: While quieter than many switches, the thocky sound may still be louder than some users prefer.
Overall, the DROP Halo Clear Mechanical Keyboard Switches are a great option for people who are looking for a thocky sound. They are affordable, have a variety of options, and are smooth and buttery to type on. However, they can be noisy and require maintenance.
3. EPOMAKER Ajazz Diced Fruit Banana Switch
The EPOMAKER Ajazz Diced Fruit Banana Switch is a great option for people who are looking for a nice sounding keyboard switch. They have a deep, thocky sound that is sure to please even the most discerning keyboard enthusiast. They are also tactile, which means that they have a small bump that you can feel when you bottom out the switch. This makes them great for both typing and gaming.
When compared with Cherry MX Brown and ZealPC Zealios V2 switches, the EPOMAKER Ajazz Diced Fruit Banana Switch stands out for its unique sound and the additional LED modification feature, which is a bonus for enthusiasts who enjoy customizing their keyboards. The longer lifespan of approximately 80 million keystrokes is also an advantage over the Cherry MX Browns.
- Deliciously Good Sound: Dubbed as the nicest sounding keyboard switch, you’ll love every key press with its satisfyingly tactile and acoustic experience.
- DIY Dream: Equipped with a north-facing LED slot compatible with SMD LED, these switches offer limitless customization possibilities.
- Quantity: With 45+1 pieces included, you’ll have more than enough to outfit a full-size keyboard.
- Tactile: These tactile switches offer feedback you can feel, enhancing accuracy and typing experience.
- Not for Everyone: The tactile nature may not be everyone’s cup of tea, especially if you prefer linear or clicky switches.
- Noise Level: Despite being touted as the nicest sounding, they might be too loud for some users or environments.
- LED Complexity: If you’re not into DIY, the LED modification feature might be more of a complexity than a benefit.
This little gem combines the satisfying tactile response you crave with a sound that’s music to your ears. Ideal for mechanical keyboard replacement, this pack comes with 45+1 switches, offering ample coverage for full-sized boards and then some. For the DIYers out there, you’re in for a treat. These switches come with a north-facing LED slot, fully compatible with SMD LED, opening up a world of colorful possibilities. And don’t worry about these switches burning out on you. With a whopping 80 million keystroke lifespan, these switches are built to perform.
4. Granvela Cherry MX Black Keyswitch
The Granvela Cherry MX Black Keyswitch is a clear frontrunner in the race for the best budget sounding keyboard switch. Offering superb value and a truly satisfying typing experience, these switches are proof that quality doesn’t always come with a hefty price tag. They’re perfect for those looking to upgrade their keyboard experience without breaking the bank.
The Granvela Cherry MX Black Keyswitches are very smooth to type on. They have a linear feel, which means that there is no tactile bump when you bottom out the switch. This makes them great for people who are looking for a smooth, consistent typing experience.
- Excellent Value: As a budget sounding keyboard switch, this offers superb value without sacrificing the quality of sound or performance.
- Smooth Actuation: These linear switches provide a consistent, smooth keystroke that is great for both gaming and typing.
- Simple Installation: These plate-mounted switches are easy to install, providing a sturdy and reliable typing experience.
- Renowned Brand: Coming from the Granvela Cherry MX line, these switches promise reliability and performance.
- Not Tactile: As linear switches, these do not offer tactile feedback, which may not be ideal for users who prefer a physical response during actuation.
- Sound Level: While these are budget sounding switches, some users might prefer a quieter or louder switch depending on personal preference and working environment.
- Limited Quantity: The 10-pack might not be sufficient for larger keyboards, requiring multiple purchases.
- Heavy Actuation: Cherry MX Black switches have a heavier actuation force which may not be suitable for users who prefer lighter keystrokes.
The Granvela Cherry MX Black Keyswitch is a great option for people who are looking for a budget-friendly, linear keyboard switch with a deep, thocky sound. They are smooth, affordable, and have a satisfying sound.
5. EPOMAKER AKKO CS Jelly White Linear Switch
Experience the pinnacle of acoustic precision with the EPOMAKER AKKO CS Jelly White Linear Switch Set, the top-rated sounding keyboard switch on the market. Unleash a sublime typing and gaming experience that’s characterized by a tactile feel that’s neither too heavy nor too loud.
These high-quality switches are superbly constructed to ensure durability and performance. For DIYers out there, the AKKO CS switches come equipped with a north-facing LED slot compatible with SMD LED, offering a plethora of customization options. If you’re after a game-changing switch set that offers the perfect balance between tactility, noise level, and DIY options, look no further.
- Top-Rated Sound: This switch set is highly recognized for its superior sound, providing a satisfying typing and gaming experience.
- Tactile yet Quiet: The switches offer a tactile feel that is not too heavy or too loud, ensuring a comfortable and non-disruptive experience.
- DIY-Friendly: Equipped with a north-facing LED slot and compatibility with SMD LED, these switches cater perfectly to DIY enthusiasts.
- High Quality: Well-made and robust, these switches are designed for durability and consistent performance.
- Versatility: These switches are suitable for both mechanical gaming keyboards and regular typing tasks, providing an overall versatile application.
- Not for Everyone: The tactile nature of these switches may not be ideal for those who prefer completely smooth keystrokes.
- Sound: Even though the switches are designed to be quieter, the sound level may still be too loud for certain environments or user preferences.
- Price: Come with a premium price tag compared to budget switches.
The EPOMAKER AKKO CS Jelly White Linear Switch Set stands out as the top-rated sounding keyboard switch in the market, delivering the ultimate balance of sound, tactility, and customization. It’s the go-to choice for those seeking an upgrade in their typing and gaming experience.
6. DROP + Invyr Holy Panda Mechanical Keyboard Switches
I’m a big fan of thocky switches, and the DROP + Invyr Holy Panda Mechanical Keyboard Switches are some of the thockiest I’ve ever tried. They have a deep, satisfying sound that is sure to please even the most discerning keyboard enthusiast.
The Holy Pandas are made with stems from Halo switches and housings from Invyr Panda switches. This combination of parts results in a switch that is both tactile and smooth. The tactile bump is pronounced, but it doesn’t feel too sharp. The switch is also very smooth, with no scratchiness or grittiness.
In addition to their great feel, the Holy Pandas also sound amazing. They have a deep, thocky sound that is produced by the combination of the thick housing and the heavy spring. The sound is not too loud, but it is definitely noticeable.
The Holy Pandas are not without their flaws. They are a bit expensive, and they can be difficult to find. However, if you are looking for a truly thocky switch, the Holy Pandas are definitely worth considering.
- Thock Sound Nirvana: Renowned for creating one of the most resonant ‘thock’ sounds among linear switches.
- Best of Both Worlds: Halo switch stems and Invyr Panda switch housings unite for an unbeatable switch combination.
- Unexpected Tactility: While linear in nature, these switches deliver an interesting tactile response that keeps every keypress engaging.
- Installation Ease: Plate-mounted and designed in the versatile Cherry MX style, these switches promise an uncomplicated installation process.
- High-profile Collaboration: The DROP and Invyr partnership offers assurance of quality and performance.
- Not Purely Linear: Some purists might find the tactile nature of these switches not in line with a classic linear switch feel.
- Noise Consideration: The characteristic ‘thocky’ sound, while a pro for many, might not suit noise-sensitive environments.
- Limited Availability: Due to their popularity, getting your hands on these switches might require some patience.
- Premium Pricing: This top-tier switch collaboration can come with a higher price tag than standard options.
- Compatibility Check: Ensure to check their compatibility with your keyboard before splurging on these beauties.
Overall, the DROP + Invyr Holy Panda Mechanical Keyboard Switches are a great option for people who are looking for a thocky, tactile switch. They are smooth, sound great, and are very durable. However, they are a bit expensive and can be difficult to find.
7. Kingjinglo 2Pieces EQUALZ Switches Tangerine V2 Linear Switches
As a gaming keyboard builder, I’ve tried a lot of different switches, and I’m always on the lookout for new ones that offer a great combination of performance, feel, and sound. The Kingjinglo 2Pieces EQUALZ Switches Tangerine V2 Linear Switches are definitely worth checking out.
These little orange wonders are impeccably crafted and pack a unique clicky character that you’re going to love. Plus, they’re a breeze to install, making them a splendid choice for both veteran builders and newcomers alike. If you’ve been on the hunt for switches that marry quality, performance, and that sought-after ‘thock’, the Tangerine V2s are your juicy answer!
- Smooth and thocky sound. These switches are incredibly smooth, with a satisfying thocky sound that’s perfect for gaming or typing.
- Well-made construction. The Tangerine V2s are made with high-quality materials, and they feel solid and durable.
- Easy to install. These switches are hot-swappable, so they’re easy to install and remove without soldering.
- Pricey. The Tangerine V2s are a bit more expensive than some other switches, but they’re worth the price if you’re looking for a high-quality switch with a great sound and feel.
Calling all fans of thocky linear switches, the Kingjinglo EQUALZ Tangerine V2 Linear Switches are here to elevate your keyboard building game. They’re clicky, they’re thocky, and they’re ready to transform your typing experience. Don’t just build a keyboard, build an orchestra of sound with these top-notch switches. Remember, in the realm of keyboard building, the Tangerine V2s are the citrusy switches you never knew you needed!
In conclusion, the quest for the best thocky linear switches is a journey tailored to personal preference and functional requirements. Switches such as the DROP + Invyr Holy Panda Mechanical Keyboard Switches, Kingjinglo EQUALZ Tangerine V2 Linear Switches, and the EPOMAKER AKKO CS Jelly White Linear Switch Set have been revered in the mechanical keyboard community for their unique thocky sound and overall performance.
However, defining the ‘best’ thocky linear switch depends on a range of factors. The satisfying ‘thock’ sound, the smoothness and tactility, the actuation force, durability, ease of installation, cost, aesthetics, compatibility with your keyboard, brand reputation, and availability all play a role in influencing the final choice.
It’s essential to understand your typing style, requirements, and preferences to make the right choice. The perfect thocky linear switch should offer a unique balance between a satisfying sound, excellent performance, and a comfortable typing experience. Whether you are a gamer, a writer, or a coder, the right switch can make all the difference to your keyboard usage.
Remember, in the end, the best thocky linear switch is one that not only enhances your typing or gaming experience but also brings you a level of satisfaction and joy with every keypress. The thocky linear switches are more than just a component of your keyboard – they are an extension of your interaction with the digital world. Happy keyboard building!
People Also Ask:
What are thocky linear switches?
Thocky linear switches are a type of mechanical keyboard switch known for their distinct ‘thock’ sound when a key is pressed. They are popular in the mechanical keyboard community due to the satisfying typing experience they offer.
Why are thocky linear switches popular?
Thocky linear switches are popular for their unique sound and feel. The ‘thock’ sound provides auditory feedback that many typists find satisfying, and the smooth, linear keystroke provides a consistent and comfortable typing experience.
What are some of the best thocky linear switches?
Some of the best thocky linear switches include the DROP + Invyr Holy Panda Mechanical Keyboard Switches, Kingjinglo EQUALZ Tangerine V2 Linear Switches, and the EPOMAKER AKKO CS Jelly White Linear Switch Set. The ‘best’ switch will depend on personal preference and specific requirements.
Are thocky linear switches good for gaming?
Yes, thocky linear switches can be excellent for gaming, especially for games that require quick, repeated keypresses. The smooth keystroke allows for rapid actuation, and the ‘thock’ sound can provide satisfying feedback during gameplay.
Do thocky linear switches require more force to press?
The actuation force required for thocky linear switches can vary depending on the specific switch model. Some may require more force, while others are lighter to the touch. It’s important to check the actuation force specifications when choosing your switches.
Can I use thocky linear switches on any keyboard?
Not necessarily. It’s important to check if the switches you want are compatible with your keyboard. Some switches may not fit certain keyboard models. Always check the compatibility before making a purchase.
Do thocky linear switches make a lot of noise?
Thocky linear switches are known for their distinct ‘thock’ sound, which is generally louder than the sound produced by other switch types. However, the actual level of noise can vary depending on the specific switch model and the keyboard’s build.
Are thocky linear switches expensive?
The price of thocky linear switches can vary widely. Some options can be quite affordable, while others, especially those from well-known brands or specialty switches, can be more expensive. It’s important to balance your budget with the features you want in your switches.